White text on a black background!

-->

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Today at dinner


Carice scooted over toward me and plopped herself halfway onto my seat, so we could play the "I don't know you" game, which goes something like, "I don't know you!"... "NoOo, you know me, but III don't know you!" ... "You know me! I'm Carice!" ... "No you're not, you're Sarah." ..."NO, I am Carice, but you are mommy!" "I'm not your mommy, I'm Emmeline. If you're not Sarah, you must be Ben." "No, I'm Carice, and you are a grape."

The game got serious. We were at a standstill. She leaned in and tipped her small forehead into mine- wrinkling her nose and widening her eyes. "I seee you." I crossed my eyes as she widened hers more, knocking into my nose. We stared at each other, foreheads locked, for a whole thirty seconds. "Carice, you only have one eyeball!" ..."You too! Where'd it go?"

It was a moment.

And it's weird how moments like forehead space-sharing can make you so happy.



No comments: